- The conversation needs not to be about making a slick test, but about what works best for kids and teachers.
- He is worried about the viability of our democracy and "our survival"; asks: will the standards make our democracy better?
- Discussion about close reading, arguments based on evidence.
- With PARCC, changes -- first there were 4 required assessments, now there are two and two optional. Their first step has been domain analysis -- content area examination.
- Item development -- next. Will involve close examination of prose, go deep into constructed response, evidence based elective response, tech- based constructed response (for ELA).